Friday, March 2, 2012

Wool 3 by Hugh Howey

Juliette, the new mayor, has to get used to her job, which is far different from being a mechanic.  Interested in the person who held her seat before her, she asks for the file on Holston, and then for the contents of his wife's computer.  She learns everything about the cleaning that makes Holston's wife go insane.  Meanwhile, she talks with Lukas, who is working on mapping out the stars from the occasional breaks in the clouds.  Slowly, we are given a picture of the world behind the world the characters live in.

I have never had a book get me so emotionally involved before.  I literally screamed "Yes!" like a sports fan near the end.  Wool 3 is one of the greatest books I've ever read, and I've read thousands.  It seems very different from Wool, but when you think about it, the events in Wool 3 wouldn't have happened without the events in Wool.  I just can't wait to read the next one, because the ending creates more problems than it resolves.

No comments:

Post a Comment