Thursday, December 8, 2011

Latawnya, the Naughty Horse, Learns to Say "No" to Drugs

I realize that it's not a novel, or the kind of book I would usually ever touch with a ten-foot stick.  However, numerous websites have told me that this is one of the worst books in existence, so I had to see for myself.  Latawnya, the Naughty Horse, Learns to Say "No" to Drugs is about a young horse who feels compelled to copy whatever she sees.  She is lured into the "smoking games" and "drinking games" of the malicious Connie.  Luckily, her two wise sisters see what's happening, and knock the bad stuff out of her hoof.  Did I mention that these horses are drawn realistically and not anthropomorphically?  Their hooves must be made of something exceptionally sticky to be able to lift anything.  The prose is simplistic and repetitive.  The horses themselves consist of the cult of people who use drugs and want to convince others to do likewise and the innocent horse family ready to be led by their wiles if weak enough.  A good read for a laugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment